Occupancy Trending Upwards
With occupancy trending upwards, there is a ray of light for travel and tourism. New studies are showing that people are ready to travel out after stay-at-home orders lift. But, those same studies also show people vacationing closer to home. (Source: STR) Think weekend getaways within 3-5 hours of home. And with the beauty of the Pacific Northwest, who can blame them!
As hotels begin to reopen in phases, hospitality companies focus on reassuring guests. Hotels and restaurants that are proactive about guest safety will have the advantage.
Hotel COVID-19 Cleaning Standards
Cleaning standards and safety protocols offer clear guidelines of what to expect moving forward. Cleaning standards keep your staff safe, as well as your guests. And, hotel transparency builds trust.
There isn’t a single hotel owner or guest who hasn’t had their life turned upside down. Now is the time to show empathy, encouragement, and leadership. Be clear about your plan, and share the details.
Be Proactive About Cleaning Protocols
Being proactive with updated protocols helps visitors feel comfortable trusting your business. Talk to your staff, provide clear guidance and protection. A happy, safe staff, will be the best advocate for new policies.
Don’t Be Shy, Share!
Once you have determined your new protocols, don’t be shy about sharing them! Share them on your website, 3rd party booking engines, your social media. Post clear signs throughout your hotel, and in each room.
And most importantly – FOLLOW THE NEW PROTOCOL. The success and reputation of the hotel industry hinge on how you handle this moment.
Links To Updated Hotel Cleaning Protocols
The links below show the wide variety of hotel cleanliness initiatives:
- American Hotel & Lodging Association Safe Stay
- Hilton CleanStay
- Hyatt Hotels Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment
- IHG Hotels & Resorts
- Kempinski White Glove Services
- Langham Hospitality Group
- Marriott Global Cleanliness Council
- Palace Resorts Purely Palace
- Radisson Hotels Safety Protocol
- Red Roof RediClean
- Remington Hotels COVID-19 Mitigation Program
- Rosewood Hotels & Resorts
- Savoy Signature Stay Safe, Stay Savoy
- Wynn Resorts Las Vegas Health and Sanitation Program
- Airbnb Enhanced Cleaning Initiative